Keyword Canine 3 Review & Bonus
Keyword Canine is one of Jonathan Leger’s biggest software projects and he currently updated it to version 3.0. Within this detailed review you’ll find out, what this SEO tool is all about, its pros, cons and also what bonus package I have to offer.
You see, keyword play a big role for any kind of online business, especially niche websites. If you’re doing, or planning to build, niche marketing, than using the right keywords is the most important part to get traffic. Choose the wrong keywords and your website will never be seen by many search engine visitors, because your site won’t get ranked.
Finding profitable keywords, analyzing the competition, optimizing your site and analyzing back links are the tasks you need to do for successful niche SEO. These tasks are very time consuming if you want to them manually. But don’t worry, Keyword Canine will assist you with these tasks and it will save you a lot of time. So, let’s get in to the review, to see what this tool is all about. The video below will show you a first overview.
- 1 What Is Keyword Canine 3.0 All About?
What Is Keyword Canine 3.0 All About?
Keyword Canine 3.0 is an all in one, web based, SEO tool with different apps integrated. Since it’s web based, you won’t need to download and install any software and you can access it with any computer or mobile device, doesn’t matter what kind of operating system (Android, Windows or Mac) you’re using.
With Keyword Canine 3 you can not only do in-depth keyword research. The tool has also a Backlinks Report, Rank Tracker, Search Digger, Keyword Optimizer and a Site Health Analysis integrated which makes it an all in one SEO tool. Let’s look in to the different apps and what they do.
Domain Dashboard – Site Health Analysis
Keyword Canine 3.0 now takes care of your entire site health analysis!
And here’s a screen shot taken from my tablet (Google Nexus), so that you can see how it look on a mobile device.
The new Domain Dashboard shows you all of the metrics that matter about any page or domain you give it:
- It shows the Health of the site, and gives suggestions and warnings based on things like Page Load Speed, Mobile Support, Social Popularity, HTTPS security, Keyword Saturation and more!
- It shows you the number of indexed pages for the site as well as how that number has changed over time.
- It shows you the KC Rank (replaces what PageRank used to represent until Google stopped updating it), as well as Domain Authority, Page Authority, Trust Flow and Citation Flow- – all well known and highly valued SEO metrics.
- And of course it also shows you the Facebook Likes and Tweet counts so you can see how your site is doing socially (very important now!)
- One-click access to additional details like the domain age, number of backlinks and linking domains.
- One-click access to the Keyword Optimizer, full Backlinks Reports, Keyword Tracking and additional mining tools – without you having to type in the URL or keywords again.
This was easy to use. You just need to click on the “+New Domain” button and then enter all the info for your domain or page, whatever you want to analyze and hit create.
The tool will then take some time to analyze the given site or page and returns its results as shown in the first image above (Domain Dashboard).
Domain Health Breakdown
After the software created the report you’ll be able too see the issues for your site, if there are any. You can click on the link within the Health column and you’ll be presented with the different issues the software found.
As you can see in the image above, there are some issues for this page you’re at right now. I checked the broken link it reported, but that link isn’t broken and it goes to my LinkedIn profile. I don’t know, why Keyword Canine reports it as broken link. Then it also shows that some alt tags from images are missing. These are the ones from the images within the sidebar, so I don’t care much about that, since they are not relevant to this page.
It also shows a keyword report for the page. Since I entered 6 different keywords for that page, which are all related, the tool doesn’t show them all as optimized, since not all of them can be found within the title. I also don’t care much about that, because in my own experience, that doesn’t matter as much as it did some years ago. I have been able to get #1 rankings without the exact keyword within the title. As example: I can rank a keyword for Product User Review as good as I can get it ranked with a title like Product Review. Google doesn’t weight the exact keyword usage as much anymore.
I think it’s good to have such a report, especially for page speed and mobile support. However, the downside is, that it doesn’t show what to get fixed for the mobile support as example. This is something you would have to find out your self.
By clicking on the blue i button on the domain dashboard overview (first image above), you get some more detailed info about the domain and page you are analyzing. These are some nice to have details to get a bit more in-depth info about your domain and page.
You might think, how can that be that this domain has an age of 14 years and I only started posting in June 2015. That was an expired domain I got and that’s why it shows that age for it. Also the word count it shows there, was before I finished by complete review. All the other info are nice to have, so that you know on what area you need to work for to get better rankings.
Keyword Explorer (Research)
The keyword explorer is the tool where you can do all your in-depth keyword research. Below is a screen shot to show you how the user interface of the keyword explorer looks like:
First you enter the keyword you want to analyze, then choose the country and hit Explore Keywords. Keyword Canine will then go and do the analysis for the keyword, plus it will also show additional keywords (many more than Google keyword planner does).
When you get the results back, you will get the info about competition (PPC not search engine), monthly searches, approximate cpc and country. Now the first columns is for checking the difficulty within Google. When you first get the keywords, then this won’t be colored. It’s gray. Then you have to click on it and the tool will do the difficulty analysis for that keyword. When you hover over it, you’ll see a number, which is a score made by Keyword Canine and the graphic does show nicely, how hard it will be to get to the first page for that keyword.
They keyword explorer offers now many functions to sort, and filter the keywords. You also have the ability to add chosen keywords to a list or mark them to get added to the keeper. It’s really well done and easy to use.
You also have the ability to digg deeper in to the keyword, by clicking on the keyword you want to get more info for. The toll will then open a new window, where it shows a lot of additional details. See screen shot below:
As you can see within the image. You’ll get a lot of information about a keyword on one page.
This is like a gold mine for SEO and a huge time saver
You get all the important info for a keyword as well as the the results of the first page of Google, including important metrics about those sites. This is really fantastic and you don’t need to go from one place to another to find all those metrics. I really love that.
Overview of the keyword explorer features:
Completely Rewritten Keyword Explorer
The Keyword Explorer is of course the flagship tool of Keyword Canine. Even in version 2 it’s the best-in-class tool for analyzing how hard it is to rank in Google for any set of keywords.
But now in version 3 it’s light years better:
- BLAZING FAST analysis of how hard it is to rank for any keywords in Google. My test runs show it doing a full analysis of 40 keywords in twenty seconds.
- Improved analysis algorithm. You get a really good idea how difficult it will be to rank for the keywords.
- Improved list creation, filtering and exporting. It’s just so easy to use!
- Complete support for dozens of countries! (Something KC2 had some problems with – but no more!)
Click Here To Vid
Within this report, you can get detailed information about the links you received either for your domain or any page of your website. Just enter the domain or URL in to the tool and hit “Create Report”.
Then you have the ability to digg deeper into the linking report by clicking on the blue i at the right hand side of the domain. This will give you many different information about the links. An important one is the Anchor Text Breakdown, which is important for SEO and getting those high rankings.
The backlinks report will save you a lot of time, since you get all the important metrics on one page.
The report will also show a list of pages which link to your domain or page containing the anchor text used plus some additional information like the amount of links the linking page has etc. Below is an overview of the features:
Completely Rewritten Backlinks Reporting
Get a complete breakdown of the links aimed at a site ur page in seconds. Yes,SECONDS! This tool is so fast it’s ridiculous.
- See how many links are aimed at a specific page and/or the full domain.
- See the anchor text breakdown, the KCRank (like PageRank) breakdown and whether or not the links are nofollow or dofollow.
A number of powerful new additions have been made to the backlinks tool as well:
- One-click switching between a full list of the links aimed at the page or aimed at the full domain. Very fast loading and powerful!
- Filter links by page, KC Rank and Anchor Text.
- Sort links by page, KC Rank and Anchor Text.
- Export all of the above!
The search digger is a tool which will help you finding those long tail keywords which are much easier to rank for. It not only uses Google to find them, but also Yahoo, Bing, Amazon, eBay and Youtube. You just need to enter your main keyword and the tool will go and find all those long tail keywords on the mentioned places.
After the tool returned the keywords you have the ability to filter them, add them to a list and explorer them for more info.
Completely Rewritten Search Digger Keyword Generation Tool
Also completely rewritten, the Search Digger tool for generating massive numbers of long-tail keywords has been greatly improved.
- It’s super fast! Generate thousands of long-tail keyword ideas in seconds.
- Advanced filtering and the ability to search for terms inside the keyword list.
- Google, Yahoo, Bing, Amazon, eBay and YouTube can all be mined for keyword ideas.
- Complete support for dozens of countries!
Even if that was all that John and his team did with Keyword Canine 3 – rewriting and improving the existing tools – it would be already a fantastic, world-class SEO tool.
But that wasn’t all they did. They even integrated more apps in to the software.
This powerful little tool will take any URL you give it and find all of the keywords used on that page. You can then push those keywords into the Keyword Explorer to analyze them and see how tough they will be to rank for.
You can even:
- Specify the minimum number of words that should be in the keyword phrases it finds.
- Specify the minimum length of the words.
- Specify the minimum number of times the keywords should appear on the page to show up in the list.
- Select any of the keywords it finds and push them into the Keyword Explorer for analysis.
- Export it all (of course)!
Built-In Rank Tracker
That’s right, in addition to doing all of your SEO analysis in Keyword Canine, now in version 3 you can also track your rankings!
Keyword Canine 3 gives you graphs and movement data so you can see how your site is ranking for its keywords over time. You just have to enter the URL and the associated keywords and the rank tracker will do the rest. After a while it will show you the report in an overview as shown in the image above. If you click on the blue i at the right hand side of any keyword, you will get a more detailed report as shown in the image below.
And it doesn’t just do Google rank tracking either!
You can track your ranking in Bing and Yahoo as well, plus a number of other lesser (but still popular) search engines like Yandex and DuckDuckGo.
The rank tracker is a nice addition to the software itself and will save you some money, since you won’t need an extra rank tracker subscription anymore. Yes, it doesn’t include those impressive and good looking graphics like other rank tracker have, but the end result will be the same. It shows you the ranking for your chosen keywords!
- Can be accessed from any device. No software download, no installation needed and no proxies.
- Domain break down shows you all the important metrics on one place.
- Detailed keyword stats on one page. No need to go to many places to check all the metrics for a keyword and the sites ranking for it.
- Easy way to find long tail keywords through the Search Digger.
- Displays long tail keywords not only from Google, but also from Yahoo, Bing, eBay, Amazon and Youtube.
- Backlinks Report showing all the important metrics on one page.
- Easy to use rank tracker.
- All in one SEO tool, which is affordable.
- Domain break down report shows issues, but doesn’t give any suggestions on how to fix them.
- Rank tracker doesn’t include much graphic to display the rankings.
Keyword Canine 3 Review Conclusion
Keyword Canine 3.0 is really an all in one SEO tool. It does give back all the important metric you need to do keyword research as well as competition research. Until now, you had to do keyword research using a tool, then go to google.com, majestic.com and moz.com to collect all the data for analyzing the competition and to get an idea how hard it will be to rank for a keyword or keywords. Then you had to go to another tool to track the rankings. Now you can get all of that in one place. I really like what I saw in Keyword Canine 3.0 and will definitely use it myself.
If you do any kind of SEO work, than I highly recommend you invest into this tool. It will save you not only a lot of time, but also money, since you don’t need different subscription for the different tasks anymore. Click on the button below to get your own Keyword Canine 3.0 Account.
If you have any questions regarding Keyword Canine 3.0 or my bonus package, please leave a comment below and I’ll answer them asap and as good as I can. Oh, and if you liked my review, then please share it with your friends. Thank You.